Vaping is big news these days, both in the e-cigarette community and among cannabis users. There is an ever-growing market for devices which make it easy to consume weed wherever you may be, and this has led to a wealth of different devices to choose from.
It’s no wonder that so many people who want to try vaping marijuana struggle to know where to start. Here, we take a look at the different types of vaporizers available to buy today so you can make an informed choice about which ones are right for you.
What Is A Vaporizer?
Before we start looking at the different types of vaporizer on the market, it’s important to know what a vaporizer is and why you might want one.
Vaporizers, in brief, are devices which heat cannabis in either its concentrate or dry herb form, so that it emits the active ingredients without burning them. The best quality devices produce vapor which allows you to savor the natural aroma and flavor of the flower.
Vaporizers are available in a range of sizes and shapes, however overall there are two main kinds of vaporizer – portable and desktop models.
One of the main reasons why people are choosing to use a vaporizer to consume weed rather than smoking it is because vaping has been shown to be better for your health and well-being than smoking. As no combustion takes place, no harmful toxins are released into your lungs, which has to be a good thing.
What Is A Desktop Vaporizer?
Desktop vaporizers are designed for use in your home. They need to be attached to a power outlet to function, but they offer outstanding customizability to vapers, with precise temperature controls so you can vary the experience to suit your tastes. There are several ways in which you can consume cannabis from a desktop model, from whips to balloons. All of these ways are fantastic for vaping at home in company with friends and the quality of the hit is very good with this models.
On the downside, if you want to vape on the go, a desktop model isn’t for you. You can’t take it anywhere because it needs to be attached to a power outlet. Also, these models are extremely expensive when compared to the affordability of portable models.
What Is A Portable Vaporizer?
Portable vaporizers, as you may have guessed, can be used on the move. They are usually compact and lightweight enough to fit in a purse or pocket, although some are larger than others. Many are very discreet, which makes the perfect for use in public places.
Often, portable vaporizers are fairly inexpensive, with vape pen models being especially affordable. They are also very simple to use, with some models even allowing customizability of temperature controls for a personal experience on the move.
Types Of Vape Pen
Vape pens are very popular thanks to their ease of use and affordability. There are four types of vape pen on the market:
- Cartridge pens – these are affordable, low maintenance and streamlined. They can be used with cartridges which come prefilled for even greater convenience. They can be thrown away once they’re empty. These devices couldn’t be simpler to use since they just require the user to screw the battery onto the cartridge and vape.
- Concentrate pens – a concentrate pen looks and works in a similar way to a cartridge pen however you need to fill up the tank with concentrates yourself. These represent good value since they can be reused.
- Dry herb vaporizers – these are used with dry herbs. They have a chamber which you fill up yourself with your chosen strain. Most of these devices allow you to adjust the temperature to suit your preferences. These vaporizers are generally a little larger than a pen-style vape, although they are still usually small enough to take with you wherever you go. They are usually more expensive than pen-style vapes but some offer an outstanding experience.
- Multifunctional vaporizers – there are a few models on the market which can be used with either dry herbs or concentrates so you can vary your experience to suit your preferences.
Vape pens feature a battery, atomizer, power button and a tank or chamber as well as a mouthpiece. You use one by filling the tank or chamber with concentrates or dry herbs. You then activate the device. The battery will heat the atomizer, and this will heat the concentrates or flower until the right temperature has been reached for vaporization to take place. The temperature won’t be so high that the material combusts.
Why Use A Vaporizer?
If you’re wondering why you should switch to a vaporizer instead of smoking cannabis, there are a number of valid reasons to consider.
- Cleaning – scraping out resin from a pipe, vacuuming ashes or cleaning bongs is pretty unpleasant and messy. When you vape, there is minimal clean-up required.
- Discretion – if you use a portable vape pen, you’ll find that they are pretty discreet to use in public when compared to a standard joint. Also, the vapor emitted from this devices isn’t as visible or smelly as the smoke produced by a pipe or joint.
- Portability – if you choose a portable vaporizer, you can take it anywhere without having to worry about rolling up a joint or finding a lighter.
Are Vaporizers Safe?
Although there have been stories in the media about vaporizers being dangerous and harming users, most of these models were poor quality cheap devices or older models. Modern devices made by reliable manufacturers are very good quality and have safety measures built in so that they won’t cause you any harm. Vape reviews sites such as Paintthemoon help in providing insight into which units are the best.
In terms of your health, vaping has been shown to be safer for your health and well-being than smoking, which is why so many smokers are now choosing the vape e-liquid instead. Although there is no conclusive evidence yet that vaping marijuana is safer than smoking it, the likelihood is that this could be the case since none of the material is burned and no toxic chemicals are produced.