With so many CBD oil products on the market nowadays, it is usually difficult to know which ones are more effective and most importantly, the amount to consume.
CBD oils are available in a range of forms and concentrations, and while most products come with a user manual, cannabis or soothe™ CBD supplements works differently for each person. Therefore, if you have never used CBD before or you are still trying to decipher what works flawlessly for you, then continue reading since there are few decisive factors to be aware about CBD oil dosages.
Key things to be aware of when it comes to CBD oil dosages
- Every person is different and thus, may require a different dosage
You have probably heard about endocannabinoid system (ECS). Basically, this is a system in the human bodies which is responsible for boosting and maintaining the physical and mental health. CBD oil helps regulate the ECS by reacting with various receptors (CB1 and CB2) found within the brain, immune system and nervous system.
While the exact manner the ECS affect the human system still remains a puzzle to many researchers, the truth is that every person has a unique ECS. Therefore, while guidelines may be listed on most CBD products packaging, the stipulated dosing may affect people in different ways.
- Tolerance, genetics and general health
If everyone is different, then it is safe to say that, the genetics, tolerance, and general health of people also differ. There are those people who suffer from weakening conditions and others who are only seeking to treat less severe disorders such as, anxiety.
Each person has their own motive when it comes to consuming CBD oil, and it is believed that all those factors – tolerance, genetics, and general health – will all determine how effectively CBD works for them. Obviously, it is unlikely for someone who is in the pinnacle of their game, health-wise that is, to require the same CBD dosage as someone who is suffering from severe medical disorders.
- CBD oil is not a miracle cure
It’s good to understand that, CBD oil and other related supplements do not work miraculously. Do not expect to use it for a day and voila, you are cured.
In other words, the effects of CBD are not instantaneous. People take a few drops and when it doesn’t work as they anticipated, they start complaining and asking for refunds. You have to appreciate that CBD takes time to be effective and similar to your health problems, it won’t happen overnight.
The standard CBD oil dosage guide
Keep in mind, this is a general manual, and it is very important to first read the instructions on the CBD product you have bought because there are different types of products. With that said, here are few general dosage strategies which might suit you:
- Start by taking a single drop on the very first day. People react differently, so this might help in gauging your body’s reaction to the CBD.
- If all goes well, raise the amount to two drops per day. You may continue with this dosage for 3-4 weeks. Usually, this is the trial period to see if the CBD oil you bought is able to curb some of your symptoms.
- Spread your consumption throughout the day. For instance, take one drop right after waking up and one in the evening before going to bed.
- If there are no side effects, then increase your intake at a gradual rate and see how it feels. Basically, with each person, it’s a matter of finding the right dosage.
Numerous websites and experts recommend the following dosage guidelines, especially when using CBD orally:
- Chronic pain: 2.5-20 mg CBD
- Sleep disorders: 40-160 mg CBD
- General health: 2.5-15 mg CBD
If you are just starting out, start small and seek advice from an expert. You can try with various cbd concentrations. Increase the dosage slowly and immediately you notice that the oil is not doing you well, you should stop. We cannot stress enough that people are different; hence, you should be patient when considering how much CBD oil you should consume.